Built in: 1570 Hosono.
Tsu Castle was built by Nobukane, the younger brother of Oda Nobunaga, in 1580. In 1608, Todo Takatora became the lord of this castle with a 320 thousand koku stipend, he took residence here.
This castle, located in the center of Tsu, had a castle tower (Tenshukaku) surrounded by many other branch buildings and several moats to protect the castle from enemies.
In 1600, the castle tower was burned down in a fire and was never rebuilt. Only the main bailey, 2nd Bailey and a part of moats remain now.
Today, Tsu Castle ruins are famous for their beautiful pine trees and stone walls.