Tsumago Juku was 42nd post town out of 69 on Nakasendo road. In 1843, Tsumago had 31 Hotels, one Honjin and one secondary Honjin.
Secondary Honji, Wakihonjin, Okuya is used as the museum of Nagiso. It was built in 1877 and still preserved in great condition.
Kumagaya House was built in early 19th century. It is popular Nagaya style houses in Edo Period.
Most of those remaining houses are still used as gift shops, restaurants, food stands, and hotels. There is no modern style houses on the main street of Tsumago Juku. So, it offers real Edo walking.